Remedial massage is a combination of several specialised techniques to aid, repair and support the body's own healing and repair mechanisms.
When muscles and tendons become damaged, impaired, knotted, tense or immobile, remedial massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow. Remedial massage therapists holistically treat the whole body and trace the discomfort as far as possible back to the original cause, healing both the cause of the disorder as well as the symptoms.
Remedial massage comprises a number of different therapies and modalities. At Lake Macquarie Massage we combine these modalities to develop an intergrated treatment plan for each indiviual client and symptom. This type of treatment has many techniques. During the treatment the Therapist may use Trigger Point, firm deep pressure and stretching. It is normal to feel a bit tender and sore during the massage but not to the point that it is too firm and you can't sustain the pressure.
We recommend that you drink plenty of water after your treatment as this helps flush out the toxins.
There are a number of principles of remedial massage:
1. The individual is a whole organism: everything is connected and related.
2. Shortened muscle tissue can do no work.
3. The soft tissues of the body respond to touch.
4. Minimise the extent of initial damage.
5. Reduce associated pain.
6. Promote healing of weakened tissue.
7. Functional rehabilitation enabling return to activity or work.
8. Identify and correct any predisposing factors to reduce re-occurrence.